Diana K. Cochrane
Stuart D. Colburn
Jay R. Downs
R. Christopher Esson
R. Lynn Fielder
D. Rynn Freiling
John V. Fundis
Tab H. Keener
Tara S. Kern
Christopher M. Losey
Frances A. Lout
Charles E. Morse
Rodney M. Patterson
Pamela E. Pierce
Philip P. Romero
Laura D. Schmidt
Andrew Z. Schreck
Wendy D. Schrock
Laura Denise Shelton
Timothy U. Stanford
Jeremy J. Cook
Janice G. Menzies
M. Gaddy Wells
Frances A. Lout
As a director of Downs . Stanford, Ms. Lout's primary area of practice
is Workers' Compensation. She is board certified in Workers' Compensation
Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Ms. Lout oversees
this group within the firm and manages Workers' Compensation scheduling
for all of the attorneys, in addition to handling her own docket
of claims. Ms. Lout has also handled a general insurance defense
practice, including premises liability, toxic torts, third party
actions, and subrogation. She was instrumental in drafting a change
to the Texas Labor Code, which benefits employers with union contracts.
In addition, Ms. Lout is the choice of counsel for several large
national corporations when it comes to Texas workers' compensation
matters. She frequently provides educational presentations for adjusters,
employers, and other attorneys.
- State of Texas (1988)
- United States District Court—Northern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Risk and Insurance Management Skills Group
- Southern Methodist University, J.D., 1988
- Texas Women's University, Master of Education, 1985
- North Texas State University, B.S., 1975
Lectures (Selected Topics)
- "Ethics and Bad Faith"
- "Compensability and Defenses"
- "Supplemental Income Benefits"
- "Workers' Compensation 101 for Employers"
- "Employer's Rights"
- Board Certified in Workers' Compensation Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization